How to make Risotto of Soya beans Goats Cheese and Mint
I wrote this Risotto recipe for Zest magazine back in February but it also makes a lovely summery dinner with it's fresh mint and creamy, sharp goats cheese. If you have an abundance for garden peas throw them in instead of the soya beans, it'll be delicious.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
2tsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely diced
125g arborio rice
1 large glass of white wine
750ml veg stock
150g soya beans
75g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
mint leaves finely diced
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion until soft but not browned. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute or two. Add the rice and stir in.
- Pour in the wine and bubble for a few minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add half of the stock and cook, stirring regularly. Continue to slowly add the remaining stock and stirring until the rice is almost cooked through, it should take about 15 mins.
- Add the beans and cook for a further 5 mins. Stir in half of the goat’s cheese so it melts through the risotto. Season to taste.
- Divide between two plates and sprinkle over the remaining cheese and mint.